Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

A Mother's Day Patio Redo

Last weekend I surprised my mom with a Mother's Day patio makeover. I think you'll agree it was a pretty sad state of affairs before I got my hands on it.  This was pretty much all the patio consisted of:



Pretty sad, right?  The patio furniture all stacked up in the corner was in desperate need of a cleaning.  There was also a broken down old hummingbird feeder (with nectar from last season none-the-less), a worn out bird seed feeder and a colorless child's chair that my 5'4" niece used to sit in...years ago.  With everything that my parents are up to they haven't had the time to put into the yard and patio spaces.  So, for Mother's Day, I added some life to the patio.

Here is the after:


And, I added a little bird garden over here:


This is mom's favorite space because when she raises the bedroom blinds in the morning this is what she sees.  Here are a few more closeups, I'll show you how I did each of these projects over the next couple of weeks.

A cleaned and refinished patio set - almost like new, a planter made from a Bundt pan, and a large planter with an upcyled seed feeder.

A little seating area that includes a couple of refinished chairs that were rusting out in the yard, a table made of pallets and a planter made from a chandelier.

Oh so many projects and oh so little time.  Can't wait to share these DIY project specifics with you!

8 comments:

  1. Aside from creative and inventive, what a nice daughter you are! a lot of people are envying your mom at this moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Boud...maybe you could let my mom know just how lucky she is ;) kidding, really...I'm kidding!

      Delete
  2. I love the create on wheels idea...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grab yourself a pallet and stay tuned because I'll be showing you how to make your own.

      Delete
  3. Some really great upcycled ideas! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patricia! Can't wait to show you all the how-to's!

      Delete
  4. Oh, your mom must've been really happy after seeing the new look of her patio. Who wouldn't be glad about something like this? It's beautiful! Your such a sweet and loving daughter, Tricia. Your idea was so awesome. Hmm, I wonder what will be your next surprise to her. :)

    Helene Raymond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did my mom pay you to say that last bit? ;) Thanks, Helene, I had fun doing it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...