Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Upcycled Pet Stuff

If you ever find yourself in Taylors, South Carolina be on the lookout for a little shop called Pet Paw-Teek.  Then swing by and say "hi" to my mom and dad.  They just opened a modest little pet shop and I'm helping to stock the shelves with a variety of upcycled pet items.  Check out some of stuff I just popped in the mail.

Kick sticks made with organic cat nip and hideous ladies pants (no joke - these REALLY were ladies pants):



I had to give up the kick sticks with huge fish all over them because....well, they kept disappearing as I made them.  I mean, would YOU tell her she couldn't have it....



T-shirt braids, kinda like those fishing pole toys



Organic catnip seeds with an Old Spoon Garden Marker


Unfortunately, I'm not close enough to give her one of my upcycled pet beds.  This one is an old Goodwill coffee table and scrap bead board and molding that I picked up on a Freecycle.  The cushion portion is patchwork of old jeans.   I was going for shabby chic...did it work?

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, most of them will be available for purchase at craft shows...I can't bring myself to list a pet bed that carries a $75 shipping fee with it :/

      Delete
  2. Hi Tricia!! Thanks for linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party and for the follow! I'm your newest GFC follower and I've added you on G+ too :)

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Paula! Thanks for hosting such a fun link party! Looking forward to seeing more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! (Make my own catnip toys also!) Loved the video :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! Making catnip toys in a house full of cats doesn't always work out so well. But they have fun, I guess that's all that matters! :)

      Delete
  5. Those are some pretty wild ladies pants lol! Love all the excellent projects you have made using recycled items. So creative! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Feral! You should've seen the pants all put together. OY! ;)

      Delete
  6. That bed is super cute!!!
    Thanks so much for linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...