Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Book Review: "Don't Throw It Out"

It absolutely was the title that sucked me in!  I'm constantly being gifted with odd bits and pieces of stuff from my moms friends who say, "you're mom tells me never to throw ANYTHING out, so here ya go."  I have to laugh every time I graciously accept something that I have no idea what I'm going to do with.  On the other hand, it's quite humbling to think that my mom and her friends have that much faith in my creative abilities.

But this book, Don't Throw It Out by Lori Baird, is more than  a catchy title and I highly recommend it for everyone's bookshelf as there truly is something in it for everyone.  Whether you are often making home repairs, sick of buying new stuff to replace old stuff that had a way too short usable life or someone who delights in finding another use for trash, this book has it all.

I am actually finding the book quite empowering, it gives me the know how to make small repairs that I wouldn't have otherwise made.  And, yes, I said finding.  It's not the kind of book that you sit down and read chapter to chapter.  More likely you'll work your way through this book topic by topic and continue to use it as a reference for years to come.

Do you own the book?  Tell us what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...