soda can butterflies. Although, now I'm finding that people are noticing the display piece more than butterflies, hmm... At any rate, it is a fabulous little piece and it really could be used to house just about anything around the house. Before I used it at a craft fair for the first time, it sat on my kitchen counter collecting receipts. You could use it to collect mail, too.
1. The Southern hemisphere of a globe (I picked up a globe from Goodwill that had a smashed stand, it's cardboard and easily pops apart along the equator)
2. Adhesive (I used silicone because it leaves a nice thick bead that would cover more surface area of the round globe but exopy would likely work as well)
3. Something to use as a stand (mine is a smaller urn style planter, but you could use a larger candle holder - just use whatcha got)
4. Finishing tape (I'm using a foil tape that is used to finish the edges of stained glass but you can use that scrapbooking tape as well)
5. Old Maps (or newspapers or magazines)
6. Decoupage glue and a foam paint brush
This one really doesn't need all that much explaining so I thought I'd try to do in one step, here goes:
How will you use yours?