Before you toss those toilet paper and paper towel cores in the recycle bin, how about finding another use or two for them? You can always toss them in the bin later.
2. Use them to organize, wrap and store scraps of ribbon.
3. Decorate them and seal one end for a fun upcycled storage idea (see my Upcycled Craft Closet post).
5. Use them to start your seedlings; simply cut them in half and place them on an old baking sheet, fill with soil and drop in your seeds.
6. Slice them up and decorate them with fabric, buttons or silk flowers to use as napkin rings.
7. Paint them, sprinkle with glitter, add a layer of decoupage and turn them into earrings.
9. Decorate them, close up the ends, add a ribbon and use them as a unique, personalized way to present small gifts.
10. Let the kids color and decorate them, glue two together, add a string and viola...binoculars. Now take those binoculars and the kids outside and do some bird watching!
I'd love to hear your ideas for reusing cardboard tubes below. Leave a comment and help us all reduce such a common household waste item.