Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

I am an Etsy for Animals Artist

Okay, even I have to giggle a little when I call myself an artist.  It's not one of those careers that ever made it to my What Do You Wanna Be When You Grow Up? list mostly because I just didn't consider myself very artistic.  As it so happens, I am and Etsy for Animals (EFA) artist and I find it just as rewarding as working with animals.

EFA is an amazing group of artisans who peddle their wares for a cause - an animal related cause.  Each charity is self selected and just as varied as the artists themselves.  For example, I have a long history of working with primates, chimpanzees especially.  So every time I make a sale in my Etsy shop I donate 10% to the Jane Goodall Institute to help them continue their efforts in protecting habitat, rescuing orphaned chimps and other conservation efforts.  You'll find plenty of other organizations supported by EFA artists who help every kind of animal  from cats and dogs to llamas and tapirs.

To see other artists who are supporting animal causes that are meaningful to them check out the list in my blog sidebar (to the left).  This certainly isn't a complete list but it's a good place to start. Happy shopping!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...